IBM T30 und Cisco MPI 350

Hallo,

auf meinem T30 habe ich Kubuntu (Feisty Fawn 7.04) installiert (upgrade von Dapper =FCber Edgy).

Unter Dapper Drake lief die WLAN-Karte mit Kwlan in Verbindung mit ndiswrapper einwandfrei(WPA). Jetzt klappt das aber =FCber den ndiswrapper auch nicht mehr (andere Version). Nach einem Downgrade des ndiswrapper sagt er zwar wieder "driver installed, Hardware present", aber nach einem modprobe ndiswrapper kommt quasi nichts....=20

Das airo Modul von Feisty sagt bei einem dmesg zwar: airo (eth0): Found an MPI350 airo (eth0): WPA is supported airo (eth0): MAC enabled 0:2:8a:..... airo (eth0): no IPv6 routers present

aber mit keiner der Auswah=F6m=F6glichkeiten des wpa_supplicants ist es m=F6glich eine Verbimdung aufzubauen. Der WPA-Key ist derselbe und stand noch genauso in der config Datei. Auch ein =C4ndern in "123456789" funktionierte nicht. Im Log von KWlan steht immer:=20 Trying to associate with SSID.... Association request to the driver failed.

Hat jemand einen Rat?

F=FCr das T30 gabe es letztes Jahr ein BIOS-Update, mit dem man nun wohl auch b/g-Wlan-KArten einbauen kann. Hat das mal jemand gemacht? Vielleicht sogar eine ipw-f=E4hige wie die Intel

2100/2200.

Danke und Gru=DF Stefan

Reply to
Stefan Degen
Loading thread data ...

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:41:25 +0200, Stefan Degen wrote in :

You'll probably have much success here in English.

Reply to
John Navas

Hehe, I am sorry, such was not my intention. I mixed the groups. I thought, that this one is the german group - mistake, I think. :-)

Here the problem in english.

I have an IBM T30 with a Cisco MPI350 wireless card. My (now) OS is Kubuntu Feisty. The wlan-card will not work with WPA-encryption. The output of dmesg is: airo (eth0): Found an MPI350 airo (eth0): WPA is supported airo (eth0): MAC enabled 0:2:8a:..... airo (eth0): no IPv6 routers present

But with all the possibilities of the wpa_supplicant the card worked with....

So I tried it again with ndiswrapper.

I upgraded the OS from Dapper to Edgy to Feisty.

With Dapper Drake it worked well with the ndiswrapper module. The ndiswrapper version of Feisty says (ndiswrapper -l) that the module (neta504) will not work. So i downgraded ndiswrapper and now the hardware is present...so i did a rmmod airo && modprobe ndiswrapper, this worked well with dapper drake, but not with feitsy. Now I'm at one's wits' end.

Greets Stefan

Reply to
Stefan Degen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.