Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cannot access gmail through wireless
Weird problem with my Netgear WPN511 wireless card. I can access all websites except gmail, google maps, google groups etc. (I can access when using my wireless card. Ping statistics show request...

Cingular Wireless Internet
Not sure this is the right NG to post this question. I searched for "cingular" and all I found was one oriented to cell phones. I want to use the Cingular Wireless Network for Internet access--that's...

laptop help, easy question
i have a wireless laptop and i am just wondering if the main computer which the wirless live box is attached to will be able to see the websites i visit even if i delete them? thanks...

Gaming Router
First off, I'm pretty technical (worked as IT Tech for a while) but I have a very nasty mental block when it comes to networking, so stick with me whilst i ask some possibly, very dumb questions. My...

NEWS: Vonage Appeal Denied
Vonage Holdings was smacked with its second legal setback in two days when the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit on Wednesday upheld a lower-court ruling that the Internet-voice provider...

Will this setup do what I think it will?
Hi all, I have a Linksys WRT54GL upstairs sharing the net and connecting various systems (PCs, Laptops, PDAs Wired and WiFi) for file sharing. I want to convert a room into a PC workshop downstairs...

Comcast Home Networking - any good?
I have a home PC and a company laptop. Up until now I only used the laptop when I traveled. I work from home from my PC but the company has issued a new policy saying all company work must be done on...

"Unknown host" message with streaming audio
Hello, I'm trying to listen to the following link: I keep getting an error saying "Unknown host". I'm using a Linksys WRT54GS router. I try to play audio from other radio stations online and they...

PSK, QPSK, 16 QAM, 64 QAM
Im doing some work with wireless modulation techniques. From what i have learnt 16 QAM uses 4 bits per symbol, and 64 QAM uses 6 bits per symbol. Does anyone know how many bits per symbol are used...

Questionnaire on 802.11e
Hi, I am a student at M Sc level at Sheffield Hallam University, UK. Towards completing my final project, which is on 802.11e, I require to get one questionnaire completed from as many people as...

Questionnaire on 802.11e
Hi, I am a student at M Sc level at Sheffield Hallam University, UK. Towards completing my final project, which is on 802.11e, I require to get one questionnaire completed from as many people as...

Questionnaire on 802.11e

Seeking range-extender and booster-antenna recommendations
(My post-- the forum gateway did not appear to have been posted to the newsgroup...so I try reposting directly to the newsgroup. Sorry for any duplicate postings.) Summary: I'm looking for...

XP Infrastructure wired/wireless setup problems
Configuration (PCs are desktops running XP): Internet

Question: Broadcom to Intel on HP dv8000z
Has anyone swapped out the internal Broadcom wireless card and replaced it with an Intel card in a HP DV8000z notebook? The DV8000z is the one with an AMD Turion64 cpu. I'm having a devil of a time...