Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Linksys wrt100 wireless router
I would like to set up a wireless N network. The above router was given to me but it seems to be designed for wireless G although it says on the box it will extend the range of N. Can someone please...

Netgear WNR854B question
Does anyone use this? A little (quick) background. Last night my Linksys WRT150N router started doing what it has done periodically over the last year - refusing to connect until I completely reset to...

Strangeness with Linksys WRT54G
I had a weird problem for a few days on my home LAN, using a Linksys WRT54G v2 router (v4.20.7 µCode), tied to WAN via Moto SB 4200 to Comcast. Symptom 1: Could not send or forward long (>1000 bytes)...

supply GPS+GSM+WIFI car antenna, GPS+GSM shark fin car antenna
Dongguan Antentech Industrial Ltd. is the world's leading designer and manufacturer of antenna, management solutions for the telecommunications, data-communications, general electronics, network...

need some more help using Linksys wireless router as access point
Good evening! I posted last month about trying to use my Linksys router as an access point. I was directed to gives the following instructions: Set IP address (manually) --In the same address range as...

PS3 Kills Wireless Laptop Connection
Hi All, I just just got a PS3 and it is connected to my network via my Linksys wireless router. Every time I turn on my PS3, my wife's Thinkpad laptop loses it's connection. This also happened when my...

dhcp server question
I have what I believe to be a very simple question. On my office network I have 4 wireless routers each one hard wired into the main office router and each one serving a different area in the office....

ALERT: WPA isn't necessarily secure
SUMMARY: WPA-PSK is vulnerable to offline attack. TO AVOID THE PROBLEM: USE A PASSPHRASE WITH MORE THAN 20 CHARACTERS. Examples: BAD: "vintage wine" GOOD: "floor hiking dirt ocean" (pick your own...

Wireless (Internet) Wiki (FAQ)
A comprehensive resource on wireless access to the Internet, including answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), and Fast Fixes for common problems. Search Wireless Wiki with Google: Main article:...

In case you were wondering,"what comes after the Terabyte?"
8 bits = 1 Byte What comes after the Byte ? 1024 Bytes = 1 Kilobyte What comes after the kilobyte ? 1024 Kilobytes = 1 Megabyte What comes after the Megabyte ? 1024 Megabytes = 1 Gigabyte What comes...

Accurate Broadband Speed Tests
Hi all, Can anyone suggest a fairly accurate program or site for broadband speed testing. I'm currently using MySpeed PC Lite from works well, but the numbers differ from (show higher numbers than)...

FS: YDI Terabeam Model A2.45LP14 2.4 GHz Vertically Polarized Sector Antenna for WIPOP, two available
For Sale: YDI Terabeam Model A2.45LP14 2.4 GHz Vertically Polarized Sector Antenna for WIPOP, two available The Model A2.45LP14 is a 2.4 GHz vertically polarized sector antenna designed primarily for...

Need external antenna for WRT54GL
I have a WRT54GL flashed with dd-wrt and I was wondering what would be good directional antenna to buy. Should I buy 2 antennas for each output or just one? Which is the best output to use if I only...

wireless network to wireless network??
I may have my subject line all wrong. I'm wondering does anyone knows of a wireless device that can act like a client on one wireless network (internet access) and in turn act as a WAP for a different...

Query, wireless link to printer
I am not sure if this is the correct newsgroup for this query, please advise if not! I have an ADSL modem-wireless-router and wish to print, from my wireless enabled lap-top to a remote printer....