2WIRE My Roomate Owns, Trying To Access

Greeting Group.

Well I;ll make my question as short as possible. I don't have internet myself, and my roomate has a stick up his arse about those things and I want access. I had access for awhile by using the default key written on the modem. He finally became suspicious and I guess called the Isp or changed his key.

Now the network Id doesn't appear, and obviously the serial numbers and key labeled on the device aren't helping me either. Is there a way to find the wep key besides the usual method. Am I overlooking something obvious?

thanks

-Daniel

Reply to
danieltrent0
Loading thread data ...

I think the obvious would be to share the expense of the connection with your roommate and use it legally

Reply to
RBM

Paying for your own internet access might or might not be "obvious", but would seem to be more moral then unauthorized access to a computer system, and more practical then the associated felony charges.

If you're in the US,

formatting link
link you to the statutes, and associated penalties you may face, depending on your jurisdiction.

Reply to
DevilsPGD

I have a friend that was sharing an apartment while at school. Just basic room mates - not friends - well... one night his room mate couldn't get his computer to work on the network, and basically broke down the door to get at my friend's computer....

You need to have a better relationship - next is shuffling thru his drawers & wallet ?

Reply to
P.Schuman

cute. but he practically lives rent free with me. oh and the wallet gig, hes already done that to me and 2 other friends. thus my lack of respect for his wireless connnection.

Reply to
danieltrent0

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.