Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Wireless Network Via D-Link DSL-G624T
Hi all, Using the afore mentioned router i have had wireless network and internet access throughout my house with no problems for the last year or so. Today for some reason I lost all internet access...

WiMAX Resources
Friends, Useful Website for WiMAX Resources Detailed information on Wimax Technology, Learn what is wimax technology 802.16, how wimax works Read about its security, future & trends

Why does Linksys suck?
Linksys WPC54G wireless card on Windows 2000. Repeatedly get "You are connected to the access point, but the Internet cannot be found". All sorts of hocus-pocus on the internet about malware,...

A question about exposed station problem in 802.11.
The exposed station problem can be depicted as follows: A==B==C==D When B is transmitting frames to A, and C hears the medium is busy so it defers its transmisison to D. The MACAW avoids the this...

[linux] Linksys USB Wireless-N adapter Actually finds Lesser Count of Wireless Networks than my Laptop's Internal Network Card's Antenna
Jah. Question is, why was USB-thing behavior _different_, _before_ I pumped that Linux OS unto the harddrive? Well...? J.

Avaya AP-6 and WDS
Hello I've got my hands on a couple of Avaya AP's. And now I would like to make a wireless links bewteen the two points, to connect two buildings. According to the manual and documentation, it should...

New to wireless
Hi I'm kinda new to this wireless stuff and I need a little bit of help setting up my wireless network for File, Internet, print, and DVD sharing on both computers. I am using a laptop and a desktop....

5.4 GHz wifi setup and testing
quick backstory: moved up to the mountains where DSL was not available a few year back, a local company had a wifi offering using the Orinoco USB gold towers connected via the fattest cable I've ever...

GETTING CLOSER, BUT........
Well thanks to seaweedsteve, I did get my ip address changed to the wireless router successfully (THANKS STEVE), BUT I still can't seem to get online! I tried to access both routers in my daughters...

GETTING CLOSER, BUT........
Well thanks to seaweedsteve, I did get my ip address changed to the wireless router successfully (THANKS STEVE), BUT I still can't seem to get online! I tried to access both routers in my daughters...

Can I use an AP as a better client/receiver for my PC?
In my home I have ADSL broadband over the phone line, coming into a BT Home Hub (DSL modem/firewall/wireless router). The wireless coverage is not good, especially to an office where my wife's PC is...

Can I use an AP as a better client/receiver for my PC?
In my home I have ADSL broadband over the phone line, coming into a BT Home Hub (DSL modem/firewall/wireless router). The wireless coverage is not good, especially to an office where my wife's PC is...

Updated software, Quickertek PowerBook WiFi PCMCIA card
(this is a follow up to a few posts that were just in the Mac newsgroups.) For reasons which may or may not be valid I recently got a Quickertek 802.11 b/g "Cardbus" PCMCIA wireless card for my Mac...

Connecting Buffalo NAS wirelessly
I've just got a 'Buffalo LinkStation' and a 'Belkin F5D7132 Wireless G Universal Range Extender' to add to my network. The existing network consists of a '3Com OfficeConnect ADSL Wireless 11g Firewall...

blocking skype
Is there a way to block skype from the router? My flatmate is keeping me awake every night until 3-4am talking extremely loudly with skype. I have an inventel router with orange. Thanks