WRTU54g Access

This is just a spare I picked up at a garage sale to play with. I can access setup wirelessly - and upgraded the firmware succesfully. For some reason I cannot ping [192.168.0.1] or access the setup screen through the wired connection. Reset does not help. A curiosity, to me. What am I missing? Thank you.

Reply to
John Keiser
Loading thread data ...

Isn't it 192.168.1.1 that you want? Most Linksys default locations are.

Reply to
Pen

Yes, most are 192.168.1.1 but this is really "192.168.0.1" as marked on the device and how I accessed wirelessly.

Reply to
John Keiser

Some possibilities: * The wired connection is a WAN port rather than LAN * You're using a cross-over cable, and shouldn't be * The NIC is bust * Firewall prohibits access from the NIC * Firmware is the wrong version for the board

Chris

Reply to
Chris Davies

And that's probably when it reverted back to 192.168.1.1

Which firmware, anyway? If it's something third-party like OpenWRT, then there may be dozens of different reasons you can no longer access it.

Reply to
passerby

Cable and NIC work fine with a different Linsys router.

Reply to
John Keiser

No. Real Linksys firmware. version 1.00.25.

192.168.1.1 does not work and is not the correct IP. Really. The device says the IP is 192.168.0.1 and that is the address which works wirelessly.

I do note that when in the setup page [wireless access] the device IP is "blank" but cannot be filed in.

Perhaps I'll try reinstalling the firmware.

"passerby" wrote >> john.keiser2 wrote:

Reply to
John Keiser

WindowsXP; IE8.

PC's NIC and LED on router for the port both light up.

Reply to
John Keiser

Possibly the DHCP server is disabled on the wired ports.

Try setting the PC's wired port for a fixed IP like 192.168.0.55 and see if that gets you back into the box when you plug into one of the router's 4 LAN ports.

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

Bingo! I had forgotten that the PC was set to a static IP: 192.168.1.154. Changed to 192.168.0.154 and accessed the router just fine. Thank you for the solution.

Reply to
John Keiser

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.