BEWF11S4V4 cannot enter setup

I have done hard reset and cannot access the web setup screens. It will act as a switch and wired you can access the internet through it to my di 624. Net stumbler shows it with a good signal on ch 6 and ssid linksys but wireless will not connect to it.

I have tried various web browsers. tried connecting to it by wire with it only connected to 1 machine and nothing else. I have tried pinging it and using a scanner but it does not show. My other 2 wireless router/access point show up and rest of the system 3 wired and 3 wireless machines all work fine.

Any suggestions

Reply to
Pat Patterson
Loading thread data ...

What firmware version BEFW11S4v4? 1.50.14 is current.

formatting link
Is the power lite flashing? If so, your firmware is trashed.

formatting link

If your DI-624 just happens to be set to 192.168.1.1, you'll have two devices on the same IP address. Therefore, please do all your testing and setup with a wired connection to one of the LAN ports and nothing else connected to the BEFW11S4v4. Keep it simple.

Try the reset again. Turn on the router and wait for the flashing lights to settle down. Stomp on the reset button and hold it for 30 seconds. Release. Wait about 15 seconds and pull the power plug. Wait a few seconds. Plug it back in. Wait for the flashing to settle. Try to ping 192.168.1.1. If that works, try the web browser.

There's a small chance that your test computah is NOT getting a DHCP delivered IP address. Run: Start -> Run -> cmd ipconfig If it's 169.254.xxx.xxx, it failed to deliver an IP address. Run: ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew to get it to try again. With XP, you can just unplug the LAN cable from the computah, wait a few seconds, plug it back in, and then try ipconfig again. If the IP address is 192.168.1.xxx, you win.

Once you have a valid IP address, try the browser again. If it doesn't work, try it with a slash after the IP address as in: http://192.168.1.1/Sometimes, that helps.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I do not know and cannot access web based program to find out

Plug it in flashes a few seconds and then stays lit. Wireless light is lit wired port lights and the internet light comes on if it is connected to my network

di624=192.168.0.1 di524= 192.168.0.2 Yes I have been doing all my testing wired with nothing else connected except when I tested it to see if it would work as a switch or as wireless.

Reset lights flashed a few times as I held it. released it and after a while they settled down all on. Shut it down for a few minutes. Came back up with light on steady. I had a fixed ip and the gateway adress as dns. changed these to automatic and the web setup came up!!! I set it up as an access point and all worked well.

Once I got it "fixed" I then had to try and break it again and I did. With dhcp turned off and an address of 192.168.1.1 I could not access it. Disconected it. reset. Set it up with an address of 192.168.0.3 and for some reason it would not work. Back to square one. Set it up as an access point and it is working fine I just cannot get at it if I want to make changes without a disconnect and reset but that is not too bad. Firmware is 1.50.0 I will run it this way for a few days and see what happens.

Thank you very much. I have been messing with this thing off and on for a year- lurking and googling. I would have never thought to turn off the static address without your input

Pat

Reply to
Pat Patterson

I've seen this before. Some Linksys devices just will not reset correctly. That's why I wanted you to unplug the power for a while before trying again.

Run: IPCONFIG on your computah and see what IP address, netmask, and gateway you are running. If you turned off the DHCP server, it's going to rely on the DI-624 to supply the IP address. If you non-cleverly plugged the BEFW11S4v4 WAN port into a LAN port on the DI-624, then this isn't going to work. The DHCP broadcasts will NOT go through the BEFW11S4v4 if setup as a router.

Instead, ignore the WAN port on the BEFW11S4v4. Plug a cable between a LAN port on the BEFW11S4v4 and a LAN port on the DI-624. Disable DHCP on the BEFW11S4v4. Now, it's setup as an access point instead of a router, and DHCP should work.

Update to 1.50.14.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

On your Browser, turn OFF proxy server and everything else in LAN settings.

Bill

Reply to
Happy Canuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.