WRT54GTX manual and support ...

I just bought one of the new WRT54GTX wireless routers and frankly I am not impressed with the documentation that came with it. There is a CD, a warranty card, one sheet with 9 FAQ trouble shooting questions on it, and that is it. The CD didnt work so I had to call tech support who refered me to a website that had an automated setup program. That worked and the systen is up and running but now I realy dont know how to manualy go in and change any of the settings or even access the LinkSys internal menu. I like the way the hardware works but the documentation sure could use some improvement.

William Lee

Reply to
Will-Lee-Cue
Loading thread data ...

GTX? or GX? ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/wrt54gx-ug-Rev_NC_web.pdf

Reply to
NBT

You are right ... My Bad ... it is a GX.

On the CD there is a manual. After poking around I found the address, and password of the routers internal program. I needed to change the password from the default and set a few other features. I should have looked at the CD more closely before yapping off about it.

I really like the performance of this 11G with its multi-path signal system as compared to the other 11b wireless router I had.

But now after reading all the stories about war driving and such I am thinking about going Ethernet hardwire. Not that I have anything of great value on my computers ... certainly nothing I could not live without ... and I really don't mind if someone drops in and uses the connection to get to the internet ... I just don't want the hassle that some malicious hacker could cause ... and we all know there is a few of them out there.

I sold my PC laptop and replaced it with a new iMac G5 and I really like it. There is only one program I need that runs on the PC format and that is BobCad for making CNC control files ... so I guess there will always be at least one PC around here.

The iMac will network with the PC computer just fine but I haven't had any luck in getting the PC to see anything on the iMac hard drive yet. Most likely do to my overall ignorance of networking PC's and Mac's.

William Lee

Reply to
Will-Lee-Cue

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.