Won't connect to Linksys Wireless router

Hi!

I've been using wireless for at least 4 months without problems.

Now I received a new laptop, but after a day working, it just stopped working.

I cannot even connect to the router ( It is usually retrieving an ip address automatically).

I restarted my adsl, wireless router, everything but my computer won't connect to the wireless, and I cannot find the reason, as it was working for months before.

I tried to disable/enable my wireless modem, even to change the channel my wireless is using.

Any suggestions? Internet does work on my computer when I connect it with a cable.

Thanks

Reply to
gdubois
Loading thread data ...

Totola? I'll assume that it's the wireless that stopped working.

Incidentally, it would be nice to know the model number of your Linksys wireless router and the model number of the new laptop.

Usually is a bad term. Does that mean that it's intermittent where it sometimes gets a DHCP IP address and other times it will not? If so, you may have a bad wireless path. How far away are the router and the laptop? Any walls in between? When you move the laptop closer to the Linksys, does it work better?

When you do "Show Available Networks", can you see the Linksys router?

If it works with a cable, it must be a wireless related problem. Any other wireless networks or 2.4Ghz transmitters nearby (cordless phones, microwave ovens, video cameras.). Any other wireless computers nearby that you can use to check the Linksys router? Any other access points (wireless hot spots) nearby that you can use to check the laptop. If it's a wireless problem, it's first necessary to determine if it's the Linksys or the laptop that has the problem.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

HI!

Yeah Tortola! It worked for month.

Linksys Wireless - G Access Point WPA54G Toshiba Tecra A4-S313

If I do "Show available..." I can see it. However I cannot connect to it.

I get an ip address automatically from the Wireless router. (not anymore)

My router is like 2 meters away, there is a wall between, but I even tried to connect with my computer besides it.

I just tried to connect with another AP with my laptop and it worked. So I guess it is the wireless, but I have no idea what to do. I think I tried everything...

Restarting the wireless, change channel, restarting the adsl

Reply to
gdubois
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Is it "security-enabled?" If so, do you have the right key?

Reply to
John Navas

I think you mean WAP54G.

I think you mean A55-S313 or someting similar. There's no A55-S313 but there is an A55-S326.

Agreed. It might be the a WEP or WPA key issue. Setup the WAP54G for encryption disabled and try again. If you're using Windoze Wireless Zero Config, a wrong WEP or WPA key will show up as "connected" and will sit at "Aquiring IP Address" for about 45 seconds. It will then timeout with a "limited connectivity" error mesage. Is this what's happening.

Last resort is to punch the reset button or go to the reset page on the WAP54G setup web page, and preform a reset to defaults. Then, put all your setting back.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I just found out that the problem might be with my new computer.

I tried with another computer and it worked just fine.

What could possibly block my computer to access my wireless network?

I disabled my firewall, re-installed the drivers, still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

ps- and it is a A4-S313, I was right on this one...

Reply to
gdubois

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.