Zyxel 660HW drops connection

I have a Zyxel 660HW DSL modem/wireless router combo that periodically stops signal transmission. I would say it is about 2-3 times per hour. I'm using a powerbook G4 with aircard extreme. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, but all of a sudden, no connection in my signal icon and I have to go in and reselect my own connection!

Any idea what is going on? I use Skype quite frequently and it disconnects my calls anytime this signal stops. Any ideas appreciated.......Thanks

Reply to
gatorcellman
Loading thread data ...

No obvious clue, but it might be interference from another 802.11 system or possibly a cordless phone. Try switching the 660HW to a different channel (1, 6, or 11) and see if it helps.

Also, a small number of cordless phones apparently transmit continuously from the base unit. These are the ones where the handset complains if you go out of range. If you have such a cordless phone, you might want to unplug it for the test.

Also, check the Powerbook G4 for some kind of "power save" feature that might be turning off the wireless to save battery power.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Possible interference. See:

"Minimizing 802.11 Interference Issues" at .

"Stop the interference!"

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.