wireless XP and ME together

Please can anyone tell me where I can find the info on connecting a Windows Me laptop to an NTL wireless router which is at present used by a machine running XP so that both will run? The router and cards are Belkin

Reply to
Quilljar
Loading thread data ...

Are you talking about how to share resources (share files, ect) between the two machines with both machines connected to the router?

Duane :)

Reply to
MINISOFT

No, just about connecting the WinME machine to the router to get the internet working. Is this possible? Because I have had a try and not succeeded.

Maybe I no longer know my way around ME. It is 5 years since I ran it..

Reply to
Quilljar

I would suspect that you could. When I got my laptop,it was running Windows ME. I brought a wireless Linksys card for it and wireless worked with ME, back in 2000.

The only problem was that ME was such a crash prone dog. ME would crash and reboot the machine when it has a wireless connection due to interference, like a car, plane, truck, dog barking, etc when they went by. The dog barking is a little over the top. But I didn't have any problems when I went to Win 2K and now XP Pro on the laptop and using wireless.

I suggest you call the card's tech support if no one can help you in the NG.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.