Wireless help

That is what I would suggest... Once it is up and running you wouldn't need another machine on the network

Reply to
darkrocket
Loading thread data ...

Question......

Is there anyway I can configure my notebook for wireless use at home without another PC in the household? I am aware of using a router with my PC and configuring with my notebook but require any suggestions you might have for just a cable access and notebook wireless flexibility.

Thanks

Reply to
Buck Naked

Thanks for this suggestion. Will give it a try.

Reply to
Buck Naked

I could be wrong, but could you not just connect an ethernet cable from the router's WAN port to the back of the cable modem? You could briefly connect your notebook computer, via an ethernet cable, to the router so that you can access the router's configuration menu and make your desired security, IP address and firewall changes. Afterwards, you should be able to simply connect to the internet wirelessly with your laptop. If I'm mistaken, I apologize. Take care.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

You should be able to connect wirelessly to your router if it is at it's default settings or you could clear it's settings to default. Then access with the wireless notebook and set up the security to lock out everything else.

Reply to
Rodney Kelp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.