Wireless gaming question

Kind of a weird question I think, maybe someone could answer this? Wireless is frowned upon in the gaming world generally because of "ping" or latency issues.

Could someone give me some kind of idea of the latency that could be expected when one connects to a US server in say, California, from a WiMax hotspot in the middle of Africa? Wired latency is pretty high from California to Kenya for instance, I was curious if the situation improves any when you're talking WiFi or WiMax instead.

I really don't know a great deal about wireless networking but I'd assume the "network path" is your hotspot in Kenya, up to the satellite, back down to the hotspot that is hopefully near the game server in California. If anyone could shed some light on this I'd be grateful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Blackwight
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.