Wireless connection keeps dropping

Now, the connection has been intermittent. In the network connection it says media disconnected although the card is on. I have a Linksys WRT54G router, and am running windows XP.

So it will connect all of a sudden, but in the activity area it the packets sent ant received are very low (single digits).

I can't ping my router, or any website for that matter. I can connect to the internet if i use a hardwired connection, but that defeats the purpose of having a laptop with wireless capability. =)

I have checked the router, tried switching channels, upgraded the firmware (linksys suggested I do this once before, but i never did as the problem was not with the router but with the DSL connection itself). I have disabled, and enabled the wireless adapter, tried the repair connection option, to no avail.

The connection continues to come and go...

The laptop is near the router (not even 2 feet apart) and have been working fine like this for months. I noticed the problem after my computer came out of standby mode (usually this only happens if i hibernate- and have since learned not to do that since it screws up the pc- but it usually corrects itself). It's been like this for days.. It's making me crazy..

PUHLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE Help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
fassie
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.