Wireless and VLANs - VLAN mapping causes authentication failure

When I add a vlan mapping for a working SSID authentication then fails. I've followed the notes in books and on Cisco's web site and cannot see what is wrong with my config. Could it be that the client software needs to recognise 802.1q wireless frames?

I have the essential config listed below along with the one statement that is causing the problem - adding a vlan mapping to an otherwise working SSID - in this case SSID test and vlan 15. Can anyone give me a clue as to what is stopping this working??? The client uses LEAP if that's any clue. TIA.

! bridge irb ! interface Dot11Radio0 ! encryption mode ciphers ckip ! encryption vlan 15 key 1 size 128bit 7 transmit-key encryption vlan 15 mode wep mandatory ! encryption vlan 26 key 1 size 128bit 7 transmit-key encryption vlan 26 mode wep mandatory ! ssid primary-guest vlan 26 authentication open eap eap_methods authentication network-eap eap_methods accounting acct_methods guest-mode ! ssid test

vlan 15

Reply to
groupstudy2001
Loading thread data ...

Well it's not an answer to the question but that's not a great authentication method. Even Cisco admit that you'd be better off not using it.

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
Strong password policies and numpty users just don't mix.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.