WiFi signal lowering and connection trouble

Hi!

I got D-Link DI-524 router, which has 7dB omni antennae. Laptop has Orinoco Gold card under Toshiba Mini-PCI wireless card name. #1 PC has Canyon WF-511 adapter with Ralink RT2500/rt61 chip, which has

2dB antennae. #2 PC has D-Link DWL-510 adapter which has 2dB antennae.

The problem is that every once in a while signal goes down to

30%(according to Winc, made by Cirond) on Windows computers and there is no data flow(connection icon isn't blinking and no packages are being sent, nor received). On Linux box it shows about +40dB more noise and 20dB less link quality. No data flow either. It mostly happens on Orinoco gold with Hermes I chip on Toshiba Satellite S121-1200 laptop.

Router is configured to use channel #3. Other access points around here are using 1, 6, 7, 11.

There are no more than 6 AP signals in apartment.

At most active point there are 4 computers using WiFi, but mostly 3 max.

I got DoS protection turned on from router administration panel - maybe it's causing router to get high load and not sending signal or it's not important?

Here's the link to router admin panel emulator, so you could take a look and suggest me which settings should I change: 'Login'

formatting link
PS: This emulator is about revision C, I have revision B, which has no ZoneAlarm firewall and antennae power transmit chooser.

Oh and I've upgraded to latest firmware, which is from May 07 2007 I belive

Laptop and DWL-510 adapter boxes are in the same room with router, about 2-6m away from router and Canyon WF-511 adapter is about 8m away and there is one concrete wall between.

Wireless is worst for laptop(Orinoco Gold).

Thanks for the help and I hope the description isn't too long ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
PriitM
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.