Wierd Vista Access point problem

I have a Netgear WNR854T router set to N for use with my Macbook Pro - works great with a 144mb connection.

Attached to one of the LAN ports or the router is a Edimax 54mb access point also works great......

I use the 54mb so a Vista Home Premium laptop (b/g) can get access without using my N network (or having to switch it to b/g).

I have tried everything to make the Vista machine log on to the 54mb AP automatically - sure the Vista machine see both, but even though I have set it up to log on to the 54mb point, it always tries to connect to the N network - failing.

I then have to connect the Vista machine manually to the 54mb AP and it works ok.

I was already considering removing Vista and putting XP Pro on the Laptop (it was bought new with Vista on it) - because IMHO I think Vista is not worth the hassle - so does my wife who's laptop it is.

Does anyone have any ides why it would do this, or is this just another Vista 'bug'

Clive

Reply to
Clive
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.