Access point recommendation please

I need a wireless access point (WAP) to connect to a router for a laptop that according to the specs supports: Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN, Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG 802.11 a/b/g WLAN, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945BG 802.11 b/g WLAN. Key requirements are stability, speed and security for a real-time internet application which requires high bandwidth for up to 3 users. The other users

I am leaning toward D-Link DWL7200AP. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Nigel
Loading thread data ...

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:05:25 -0400, Nigel wrote in :

Which one? Those are different adapters.

Very good: SonicWALL TZ-150 Wireless Good: ZyXEL G-2000 Plus

Reply to
John Navas

Hi,

I second on ZyXEL G-2000plus, it's very stable and powerfull Access point with built-in broadband Router and 4 port Ethernet switch.

Panda

formatting link

Nigel wrote:

Reply to
Panda

I am told by the salesman that it will be Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

802.11 a/b/g. I want to use 802.11a because there will be less interference but some users will have 802.11g in this transient office so access point must support both.
Reply to
Nigel

Thanks. I just need a access point to connect to the existing wired network. Also I need 80211a support which this doesn't seem to have.

Reply to
Nigel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.