Wi Fi for dummies

Do they have anything wi fi for dummies? I am wi fi illiterate. I see a great potential for this technology, yet I do not know enough about it...yet. Paul

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
pljames
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Use Google for "wifi for dummies"

Reply to
DTC

Yes, check out this page at amazon

formatting link
PS first on the list, Wireless Home Networking For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech)) by Danny Briere, Pat Hurley, and Edward Ferris (Paperback - Jan 18, 2006) Buy new: $14.95

Reply to
Peter Pan

Some people will repeat the same subject to see what will happen. Did you your question from yesterday for responses, and what did you think?

Reply to
curly Bill

pljames hath wroth:

There are books for dummies and complete idiot's. You decide which best describe your knowledge level.

Complete Idiot's Guides:

Dummies

Search these for "wi-fi" or "wireless".

There are also quite a few online sites that offer decent explanations of how wi-fi and wireless systems operate. Start at:

and try the "Wireless HowTo", "Wireless Tutorial", "Wireless FAQ", etc across the top of the page.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

• Nah it'll never be used for anything more than a glorified coffee warmer. ;-)
Reply to
Alan Spicer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.