What's the best for remote access web cams?

Hello to the forum.

New guy here and I hope I am asking this question in the correct part of the forum. I need advice on what web cam would be the best for keeping a watch on the outside of my summer home during the winter months. I'll be up front here, I do not know much about computers so simple is best. My needs are to have motion detection and if possible to not need a PC running because of power failures that last longer than the battery back up.(no way of restarting the PC) I have comcast cable service so a router could be left running for access. I believe the router will restart on its own in case of a power outage. Also I need some way of controlling the temperature in the home by remote or at least be notified if the temperature in the home was to drop below a certain point. Thank you for any help in this matter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
What the
Loading thread data ...

thread:

formatting link
Go to DVR - Digital Video Recording Box if you can afford it, with minumum of 4 ports.

You can attach as much as 4 normal CCTV Cameras to this box using co- axial cables.

I have seen VPON boxes, they are very professional ones.

Monitoring PC ------------ Internet ----------- Summer home

------------ Cable Router (static IP Address) ----------- DVR

------------- Camers

Panda,

formatting link

Reply to
Panda

thread:

formatting link

quoted text -

Check this search results it might help:

formatting link

Reply to
Panda

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.