Where to start troubleshooting?

I had a WPA2 WiFi network working without any problems but then put Ubuntu on to a laptop and suddenly had lots of problems such as it resetting the router to default settings when it connected. (I don't understand how but it did it three times!) All that is now sorted with the Ubuntu machine but a Win XP media centre machine has a continual problem trying to connect to the wireless network. It does connect eventually but often takes over an hour or two of trying. Once it connects it never drops out. I have been checking through all the settings to the extent of making a text file of the pass words and names, I've uninstalled then reinstalled the networking and the card but I still have the problem. I've also tried to let WinXP set up WiFi automatically and have done it manually.

Any ideas where I should start trouble shooting?

TIA Slatts

WPA2 on Belkin F5D8631-4 Win XP media centre SP3 - the problem machine WinXP SP3 Ubuntu Hardy

Reply to
Sla#s
Loading thread data ...

Sorted - The XP machine won't connect via WPA2 but will on plain vanilla WPA.

Slatts

Reply to
Sla#s

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.