Broadband Wireless News Groups?

Seems I've wound up in the wrong place.

I'm trying to find out if there is/are news group(s) related to the 3D or Edge Broadband wireless service, such as that offered by AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint. I'd like to get a current evaluation of their various services.

Googling for comparisons only brings up articles that are a year or more older. Certainly in this technology, things are changing more rapidly than that.

Thanks for your help and patience.

Reply to
me
Loading thread data ...

alt.cellular.attws

alt.cellular.verizon

alt.cellular.sprintpcs

Reply to
DTC

Thanks, DTC,

But, those NG's seem to be oriented to the cellular offerings rather than the broadband wireless. I already read the Sprint group, as I have their cellular service.

LSJ

Reply to
me

also - try this website - dslreports.com

Reply to
ps56k

since the "3D" or is that "3G" service is offered by these carriers, that would seem to be the best place to find out what's happening, other than the techy websites that can also be found.

Now if you are talking about WiMax or other services like Muni WiFi, those would usually be discussed again in some of the tech websites. I've found the DSLREPORTS.COM website to be helpful with news & tidbits.

Reply to
ps56k

Actually they do have the occasional rant over data cards. Ask the NG what you want to know and you'll get some good answers.

Reply to
DTC

Yup, think I saw one or two posts on the broadband service on the Sprint website, but nothing terribly informative. Also, found some good stuff on dslreports regarding the so-called "unlimited" Verizon service--seems they have a 5 GB cap/month.

One of the reasons I asked is that AT&T has a deal going on now such that if you order one of their USB broadband cards (NOT PCMCIA), you get it free. The catch is that you have to go for a 2-year contract. I'd hate to get stuck on that only to find out the service is not as good as Sprint's for instance. (Verizon is out of the picture now, for obvious reasons!) AT&T price is $59.99/month for Unlimited; and, I haven't read anywhere (so far) that they've set a cap as has Verizon.

Reply to
me

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.