What distance to expect

I have just installed a wireless Belkin 11g adsl router and a wireless Dynamode PC card. (Just for information I did not need a cable to configure the router as some suggest - it works fine across wireless as it hunts around). I would like to get a laptop working down the garden. I've seen the Belkin USB for about £20 (here in the UK) but not sure whether the distance would be any good. I actually purchased a PCMCIA card in error that might have done the trick but the new laptop has no port so I'll have to go USB. I don't want to spend a load of money but would the USB devices with external looking aerials be any better than the Belkin £20 job ? The laptop will be roving so ideally the smaller the device the better. Best guess is that the laptop will be in a wooden summerhouse down the garden with a 100 foot of air to the house and a single brick wall before a product over this sort of ditance without using a special aerial (i.e. out of the box solution) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
mal
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.