use in another country

I found the solution and documented it in a tutorial so that nobody else has to go through the effort that I just went through to solve it.

Gory details (sufficient for anyone to reproduce my success) is here: *Tutorial: Mounting smartphone sdcard & external sdcard onto Windows* *over Wi-Fi as a driver letter using a free/ad-free Android WebDAV server*

formatting link

Reply to
Andy Burnelli
Loading thread data ...

This quest started solely because there is no "control+Z,bg" in Windows.

However, the result is we have a finely tuned working system without it! a. I always give back to the team for helping me solve all the problems, b. So here are minor updates based on daily use of Herbert's showwin.bat

*UPDATE #1:*

There is a workaround to the fact the random port address must be known:

formatting link
Connect over Wi-Fi sans USB

While scrcpy.exe doesn't need any specifics once a connection is established, there are times when you have _multiple_ devices connected.

formatting link
multiple adb connections More so, there are two different ways to pair in the first place!
formatting link
multiple pairing connections

Then you _must_ specify _which_ device (even if they're all the same!)

It turns out scrcpy can use the "-s 192.168.0.2" or "-s SERIAL.tcp" or "-s SERIAL" or even "--tcpip=[IP]:[PORT]" each of which makes it easier to connect over Wi-Fi (sans USB cable) from Windows using Herbert's excellent showwin.bat script (once you've established pairing).

formatting link
Android 12 Wireless Pairing

The scrcpy.exe can sometimes use the short form of the Android serial.

formatting link
Long and short serial formats

And scrcpy.exe can sometimes use the IP address & random port of course: C:\> scrcpy.exe --tcpip=192.168.0.2:41269

formatting link
scrcpy --tcpip=[IP]:[PORT]

*UPDATE #2:* There is no workaround yet to the original need for the random port (whether you connect via "connect" or the encrypted "pair" command).

Once you've connected, scrcpy.exe does not need to know the IP address or port or serial number or tcp address & port _if_ there one device.

formatting link
Extraneous cmd window (&)

But most of the time you have multiple devices connected via adb. And then the scrcpy.exe inside Herbert's script needs to know which one.

formatting link
Connect over Wi-Fi sans USB

*UPDATE #3:* Also note that scrcpy has _better PC resolution_ than does free vysor
formatting link
scrcpy vs Vysor resolution *UPDATE #4:* Note that Vysor works with my iOS devices (but with less functionality)
formatting link
iOS & Android PC mirroring *UPDATE #5:* Android 12 has mac randomization per connection - which is working fine!
formatting link
Static/Reserved IP address *UPDATE #6:* For weeks (elapsed time) I've tried various methods to get around pairing, but so far, none of them works as well as _looking_ at the random port.
formatting link
Android 12 Wireless Pairing *UPDATE #7:* All Windows debugging commands work only _after_ you've already paired!
formatting link
Windows pairing debuggers *UPDATE #8:* The separate issue of accessing all of Android as a Windows drive has been working flawlessly with the simple "net use" commands outside of adb.
formatting link
Windows Drive: === Android

C:\> net use Z: \\192.168.0.2@8080\DavWWWRoot /USER:foo bar && net use Y: \\192.168.0.2@8081DavWWWRoot /USER:foo bar && echo "Your Android phone is now mounted as Windows drive letters"

formatting link
Both sdcards mounted

Reply to
Andy Burnelli

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.