Unconsistent wireless network

I am trying to setup wireless network using XTERASYS XA-2622G Access Point. I am able to connect to the network, but it works very weird. It works ok on a first 2-5 minutes, but next sometimes it works, sometimes not. When I open more then 1 tab - some tabs are OK, some are not. Status shows "connected" with maximal signal strength. Ping to the Access Point works OK/ When I am using other network (I have 2 wireless networks from 2 different ISP two different Access Points) - I have no such problems. Any ideas how to solve this problem without replacing XTERASYS XA-2622G Access Point?

Thanks,

Zalek

Reply to
zalek
Loading thread data ...

I've encountered a similar problem like yours. I am using Norton 360 v2 which has a built-in firewall module that was blocking my wireless AP SSID. Once I added my SSID to the firewall's trusted "zones" and the wireless networking was stable / reliable.

Reply to
smlunatick

That's not enough information to make a suitable diagnosis. However, it's enough for a bad guess. My guess is that you have too many radios operating in the same physical area and there might be some mutual interference. Try turning OFF the other 2 access points and see if the one you're having problems with magically recovers. Also, if you have 3 access points, make sure they're on different NON-OVERLAPPING channels (1, 6, and 11).

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.