turning off wireless network on the SIEMENS speedstreams 6520 aDSL modem/router

Hi, I received a wireless aDSL modem/router SIEMENS speedstreams 6520 from bell for my sympatico HSE. I use BELL's firmware (I don't remember which version). I do not need the wireless option so I choose NO I WILL CONFIGURE IT LATER in the wireless configuration dialog (in basic setup).

At first I was not sure if the wireless network was disabled or simply not protected by encryption and configured completly. So I was a little concerned about the security. The wireless led is always off, and I wanted to know if the LED is supposed to be on only when someone is connected to the network or when it's configured correctly and up. So I configured the wireless network and the led was always on. So I thought that choosing the NO I WILL CONFIGURE IT LATER was what I should do to turn off the wireless network.

I would just know if anyone knows this modem and if I'm doing the right thing to turn off the wireless network and be safe. I just want to be sure.

Thanks

Reply to
none
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.