To make a wired network cam wireless

I've one wired network cam that sure would be nice sitting in a spot were it's hard to get a cat5 to. There is one wifi cam in that area, very nearby - almost be nice to bridge a switch and wire both cams from that. Always doing some changes here - a multipurpose bridge/AP might be nice but I'm cheap - $25 extra wont matter though?

Recommend me something that you know works. Single Bridge or multipurpose do-it-all something. Need basic wifi-g WPA - Going to talk to the home ActionTec verizon wifi modem/router.

thanks

Reply to
bumtracks
Loading thread data ...

if it is a webcam attached to a computer you can go the webcam over your network with a remote access program like vnc.

Reply to
frankdowling1

thanks but no, its a network camera ... stand alone camera with an embedded server and single mac/ip/ethernet port. I'll just order one of the multi mode wifi access points - guess not many have experience enough to recommend anything other than the standard router/ap's in the group here.

Reply to
bumtracks

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.