SNMP OIDs required for Cisco 1200 and Cisco 1100 series APs

Hello

I have Cisco 1200 and 1100 APs at my facilty, I notice that in the WEB UI of the APs, in the "Detailed Status" tab for each radio interface, there are a group of statistics displayed (like receive stats, transmit stats) for EACH suopported rate (like 36,54 mbps etc) allowed on that radio. I need to query the same stats through SNMP/ or by any other means available. But i am not getting the relevant OIDs which give the statistics broken down for each rate supported by the radio. Can anyone tell me the MIB/OIDs which can give me info per each rate supported by that radio.

Currently I have the firmware c1200-k9w7-tar.12.3-7.JA2 on my Cisco

1200 AP. In case such a facility is supported by some other firmware revision could you please suggest that firmware revision.

Thanks NYA

PS: In case i have posted in the wrong forum, please let me know where else i can get this information and have also looked on the object navigator provided by Cisco on the web

Reply to
NYA
Loading thread data ...

"NYA" hath wroth:

This really should go to an SNMP group such as: comp.dcom.net-management

Cisco SNMP MIBS can be found at:

formatting link
1200 is at:

ftp://ftp-sj.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/c1200/c1200-non-ios-supportlist.html You don't really need all of these, but certainly get IEEE802.11-MIB

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to monitor, but you'll need some manner of MIB browser or SNMP management program. I don't have a

1200 handy for testing and am too lazy to drill through the MIB database to extract the OID's. You do the work.

If you're starting from scratch, I suggest using something simple like the command line SNMPUTIL.EXE:

formatting link
can dump the entire MIB tree with the incantation: snmputil walk 192.168.1.1 public .1.3.6.1

If you want something neater, I suggest GetIF 2.3.1

formatting link
the program. Dump your Cisco MIB files into: c:\\program files\\getif 2.3.1\\mibs\\ directory. Erase the .index file in this directory. Every time you add or remove a MIB file, erase the .index. The program will recreate it on startup. Then, point it at your 1200 and it should display the MIB tree with human readable OID's.

Lots more tools to chose from. Start here:

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Im am doing the Cisco Accademy Wireless course at moment and there some aditional stuff about mibs on the cd in the course book - ill dig it out tonight if i get a chance - might not be what you want though.

Reply to
developers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.