Reverse SMA connector for D-Link antenna???

formatting link

Any wireless network using a omni antenna is classified as P2MP by the FCC. In a point to multipoint a 200mw (23db) radio with a 15dbi antenna will put you at 38 EIRP which is 2db over the FCC limit. Shouldnt matter unless someones turns you in for interfering with their network and the FCC pays a visit. FYI - Antennas and everything in between the radio and the antenna are supposed to be certified as a system. If you use a Dlink antenna on a senao and its hasnt been certified as part of that system then it also upsets the FCC. Not sure if it matters to you. But thought you should know. Sorry I don't have the pigtail info. BTW- I wouldnt want to be setting to close to this antenna.

Reply to
Airhead
Loading thread data ...

What kind of pigtail do I need to connect this antenna to my Senao 200mw card?

formatting link
Second question: would it be unsafe to sit next to the antenna? I'm thinking maybe I should get a Senao bridge or something that would let me connect remotely..

Reply to
Michael Shaffer

Eirp= power at the antenna. Max=36db, 30db for the radio and 6dbi for the antenna.

200mw=23db+15dbi for the antenna =38db. Or any combination thereof that is not more than 36db for example a 15db radio and a 21dbi antenna = 36. An attenuator would work or and equivalant amount of cable. I know the FCC is a little slack in catching things but I darn sure wouldnt be caught doing a commercial job for someone else and having the system be out of specs. Can you say trouble.... or lawsuit.... Plus if the FCC does show up they will want to see the documentation that shows that everything in your system has been certified as a system by the FCC. .

formatting link

Reply to
Airhead

formatting link

I was wondering about that.. how exactly did you calculate the EIRP?

Reply to
Michael Shaffer

formatting link

I'll probably do something to get it under the limit, considering I'll have a few feet of wire between the antenna and card that'll probably drop it low enough.

Reply to
Michael Shaffer

Wouldn't it be possible to find an attenuator of 2 dB to put in the feedline between the antenna connector and the antenna itself? In this way, if you ever did get a visit from the FCC, at least you'd be operating at legal power.

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson

pigtail that comes with it is a N-male to RP-SMA plug imagine you want N-Male to whatever that senao card requires (MMCX i.think)

formatting link

Reply to
bumtracks

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.