Small Wireless Project - Need Help

Dear All,

I would appreciate if i could have your help in order to finalize and buy the CORRECT materials for the bellow application.

Wireless Connection between 2 buildings - 1000meters distance

Building A - Includes 3 PLCs, equiped with RS485 output. One common bus RS485 is joining the 3 devices and finally is driven to one special device, which works as a TCP/IP Gateaway. Theoritically, If you connect your PC to this device (in the LAN card) , then you can read PLC's parameters thru TCP/IP protocol Actually, no PC is installed at this building. The idea is to use a wireless router with external antenna(i.e D-LINK DSL-G624T WIRELESS 4PORT ADSL ROUTER) The TCP gateaway device of the PLCs, is connected to one LAN port of the router.

Building B - In that building is the PC that have to control the 3 PLCs. The idea is to use a WLAN "bridge" with external antenna, i.e US ROBOTICS

805432 WIRELESS 125MBPS BRIDGE. The Lan port of the US Robotics bridge is connected to the LAN card of the Laptop PC. Thru the antennas, you have wireless link between the two buildings, so finally you can read and transmit data from PC in building B to the PLCs located in building A.

PS : Externall Antennas could be "D-LINK ANT24-1201 YAGI DIRECTIONAL OUTDOOR ANTENNA".

Do you think that the above system will work satisfactory ?

I'm really interesting to receive your comments , since i have not buy the above equipment yet.

Kind Regards

George Vasiliou Electrical Engineer

Reply to
news.ntua.gr
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.