Reminder: Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 for $41.50 net at Buy.com with Google Checkout

They are sold out of the WHR-G54S, but Buy.com apparently still has some of the WHR-HP-G54 wireless routers. Their price is $61.50. But if you first open a Google Checkout account, Google will give you a $20 discount on this item. And shipping is free. So the net cost is $41.50, which, you know, is a pretty good price for a router a lot of people seem to like.

At Buy.com, be sure to select the Google Checkout option, not the regular Buy.com checkout. Also, the default shipping is $6, but if you pull down that menu, you'll see a free shipping option. It says

7-9 days, but I ordered mine Monday, and FedEx says it's scheduled to be delivered Friday. Of course, if ordering today, it might take longer because of Christmas.

I have mixed feelings about Google Checkout. The advantage, other than the discount on this router, is that they handle the payment, so buy.com doesn't see my credit card. The disadvantage is giving personal information to Google - that part makes me a bit queasy.

Anyway, I suspect he $20 discount won't last much longer, so I thought I would post this now in case anyone is interested.

Reply to
Peabody
Loading thread data ...

For the paranoid side:

formatting link

Reply to
NotMe

Do you plan on flashing that router with DD-WRT firmware?

Danny,

Reply to
Danny Kile

Hi, FYI, I flashed one. Works very well.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Newegg has the WHR-G54S for $40 w/free 3 day shipping, through 12/31:

formatting link

Reply to
Seth Goodman

I haven't decided yet. If it works ok with the stock firmware, I'll probably leave it alone. But I use bittorrent (the uTorrent client), and I'm not sure how well that will work under the stock firmware.

Reply to
Peabody

I've got one as the router in a WDS setup, and it handles torrents pretty well IMO in stock form. Worth trying anyways IMO.

Reply to
hennessy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.