printing with wireless connection on laptop

hi friends, can any one hep me out of a small networking problem. basically i just want to clarify to create connection to a printer which is attacted with a pc and me on a laptop wants to connect to this printer.laptop is on wireless connection to internet while pc is connected with a lan. there is a router linksys,ADSL. can anybody figure out my problem.printer lexmark.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
binny
Loading thread data ...

I presume these are both Windows machines.

This isn't a wireless problem. On the PC with the printer, you need to open the printer properties and "share" the printer.

Then on the laptop, add a printer, and follow the directions for a printer attached to another PC on the network.

formatting link

Reply to
dold

snipped-for-privacy@11.usenet.us.com () wrote in news:fb1a9j$dsd$ snipped-for-privacy@blue.rahul.net:

You may also have to open up some access permissions in firewalls that might be running on either PC. It's possible that the router itself might have to be tweaked.

Reply to
Bert Hyman

You snipped everything that I wrote, but that's okay, I went back and looked at the URL I posted.

formatting link
written in 2001, and doesn't mention the WindowsXP-SP2 firewall ;-(

There should have been a reference to the WindowsXP-SP2 firewall, like maybe

formatting link
There might be another firewall installed, but the idea is still the same.

Reply to
dold

snipped-for-privacy@11.usenet.us.com () wrote in news:fb1b5o$dsd$ snipped-for-privacy@blue.rahul.net:

No, just the link to the Microsoft article which didn't mention firewalls.

If I actually had, it would have been OK, because your original article is still there for anyone to read.

Reply to
Bert Hyman

Right you are... a little brain fog there. Both in not fully reading the

2001 outdated article to make sure firewalls were mentioned, and in not recognizing my own handwriting in the post.
Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.