Printer problems continue. Was: Printer problems. What am I doin wrong.

I am really getting frustrated. All seems to be set up. I even tried another printer. So now I have 2 printers that work to this computer. The kids computer upstairs will not print to anything.

I am getting so confused I don't know what all I have tried. But I have renamed the printers, tried with the Firewall disabled. The printers are listed on the kids computers upstairs. All seems to work well, but when I come downstairs and look hopefully at the printer(s) NOTHING.

Running XP on all 3. (Mine was an upgrade from ME). The printers are older but they work fine with this computer.

Internet and email works fine

Reply to
David Lawson
Loading thread data ...

computer. The

printers are

Not sure what you have tried. But have you done this. You have to make the printers shared first off. Now you need to know the name of the computer its attached to and the name of the printer that is being shared. Then on your computer, click add printer, select network printer, if it ask you to search or put in the name of the printer, type in \computernameprintername for example my computers name is mortorforken and my printer name is dumbprinter so it is \mortorforkendumbprinter

Reply to
Airhead

Airhead, THANK YOU, that did the trick and possiblt diverted my trip to psych ward.

Thanks soooo much. Much joy and happiness in this house now.

Thanks

David

Reply to
David Lawson

No problem, glad to help............pass on the happiness.

Reply to
Airhead

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.