Point to Point Connection

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a possible point to point wireless connectiion. I currently have 1 site with highspeed internet access shared with a SMC7004ABR Barricade router. I was looking into possibly connecting another sight via a wireless point-to-point bridge. The main concern is that the sites are approximately 1 mile apart with many trees (basically a forest) along the path. Is there any hope of being able to get this to work? Of course I will need a wireless bridge at each end, but I am unsure if there is any (legal) antenna-amplifier combination that would work.

I have looked into several high-gain antenna(s), (SMCANT-145) and amplifiers but am not sure if these will work. Does anyone have a similiar setup they have been able to get to work? Any help is greatly appreciated....

Thanks,

TanMan

Reply to
TanMan
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.