newbie: gadget for better signal?

Hello Sorry for the completely lame question but I can't figure it out with google. I am a lifeguard and spend many hours everyday at a hotel pool so I got a laptop to fight the boredom. The pool indoor in the basement of the hotel and the gateway is somewhere upstairs. The signal I get down there is pretty weak and I was wondering if there is some device that I can plug in my laptop so I can get better internet.

This is the laptop - 'Gateway MT3705 Refurbished Laptop Computer - Intel Centrino Core Duo T2060 1.60GHz, 802.11g Wireless, 1GB DDR2,

100GB HDD, Dual Layer DVD RW, 14.1\\" WXGA, Windows Vista Home Premium RB-MT3705 at TigerDirect.com'
formatting link
I don't know if such device can actually do any good and all and I really hope you guys can help me out with some advice.

Regards

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
tseo
Loading thread data ...

A computer in a high humidity (100%) with chemicals (chlorine comes to mind) is not going to last long. The chemicals WILL permeate along the junction between the leads and the encapsulation of the ICs and cause other problems. Best guess is less than a year and you'll be having serious problems.

Reply to
NotMe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.