new router that actually works!

I pulled my hair out with D-Link routers and extenders for over a year. Common problems, dropped signals, power cycling etc.

Since I have bought what seems to be the perfect router, I thought I would share the info with all. (No, I have absolutely no connection with this company).

The router is made by Parkervision. Just google for their website and read about it. I thought, what the hell, I can spend another $100 for my sanity. I live in a 3600 sq foot, Masonry--tons of angles, house. This one router gets through the whole house without any problems, I also can go out by the pool and work, all my porches too! Worked out of the box and I have not had any dropped signals, nor had to power cycle only once every two months or so, if that.

Just thought I would share my good fortune in finding this.

Anyone want a DLink router and 2 extenders? I'll sell cheap!

Reply to
Donna
Loading thread data ...

Considering all the problems you had with em, maybe you should PAY someone to take em off your hands... How you pay me $20 and ship em free? :)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Did you purchase the ParkerVision adapters as well? I was curious to know whether the router gave you the increased range with a non D2D technology adapter.

D> I pulled my hair out with D-Link routers and extenders for over a year.

months or

Reply to
cjtwantstoknow

From what I read, you need the adapter for the extended wireless, the adapter has a huge antenna in it

formatting link
On the same site they do some comparisons to the belkin pre-n. According to the test, the belkin is much better in a home environment do the the mimo, but the parkervision does better (distance wise) in open range.

Reply to
Airhead

Which D-Link router? The 624 (extended-g)? I have heard that some of these are difficult to work with, or have problems.

Or the 524? I like mine.

Or which one? How much is cheap? I might want to play with some extenders and another router. ;-)

thanks, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
One out of many daves

I did not buy anything but the router. Thought I would try that first before I bought the adapter as I had called Parkervision before I bought. That is what they suggested. As it turns out, I don't seem to need the adapter.

Reply to
Donna

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.