WRT54GS in bridge mode

Take a look at the Linksys WET54GS5 - it is a wireless bridge with a single antenna designed to do exactly what you want to accomplish.

Reply to
merv.hrabi
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

Would it be possible to set one Linksys WRT54GS (with sveasoft firmware) in each end of a 5km wireless link to have an encrypted link allowing

*anything* pass through just like if it was a cable (i.e. no router ports closed)?

Would the WRT54GS also provide NAT in such a configuration allowing us to simply connect a LAN switch to each of them to connect the computer workgroup at each end of the wl link together just as if there was a LAN cable between the two sites?

The WRT54GS has two rubber duck antennas at the back. When I need an external 24dBi grid antenna connected, do I need two of these too, or can I just use one of the antenna sockets for the antenna and leave the second empty?

Thanks for comments / info on these issues

regards

tor

Reply to
Tor Tveitane

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.