New Netgear router

Comcast guy prev referred to told me Netgear has a new router. Has like 7 antennas, able to bounce around the house to find best route to receiver, really excel. And probably is bulletproof and leaps tall buildings:)

I don't know if it's the WGU624. The website is on the other machine...I'll post it.

But do you know what I'm talking about?

Brad

Reply to
Avalanche
Loading thread data ...

Avalanche skrev:

This one ?:

formatting link

Reply to
Arnulf Sortland

"Avalanche" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... | Comcast guy prev referred to told me Netgear has a new router. Has | like 7 antennas, able to bounce around the house to find best route | to receiver, really excel. And probably is bulletproof and leaps tall | buildings:) | | I don't know if it's the WGU624. The website is on the other | machine...I'll post it. | | But do you know what I'm talking about? | | Brad

formatting link

Reply to
HillBillyBuddhist

I guess so, but your review seems less favorable than HillBilly's, which is, of course, from the maker.

Reply to
Avalanche

Dont know about the new Netgear system but I just replaced my aging Netgear

11B access point with the new with the new Syslink using an SRX antenna system. (WRT54GX) I can tell you that the signal strength nearly doubled to my garage/workshop where the remote computer is located. That area was always a problem even with a small directional antenna pointed at it. Looks like that multi pat-path stuff really works.

William Lee

Reply to
Will-Lee-Cue

Yeah

formatting link
Fry's has 'em for US $ 149

Reply to
lee

I have the new RangeMax Router. I'm very happy with it. The LEDs on top that indicate antenna activity are a nice eye candy too.

Only con I can come up with is that it does not have MAC filtering.

Reply to
AJ Burns

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.