network newbie with problems

Sometimes antivirus software prevents OE from sending e-mail. Or it could be a firewall issue.

Reply to
johnny
Loading thread data ...

Am trying to set up a wireless network.This is probably the first of many problems. On the host pc I can access the internet using internet explorer, but trying to send or recieve e-mail with outlook express 6 I get messages that indicate that I cannot connect to the mail servers. I know that this is a very high level description of the problem and if more specfic info is needed I will supply it. also if there is any info explaining how to install the BEFW11S4 linksys router I would appreciate a pointer to it.

Ed Christie

Reply to
Ed Christie

Ed Christie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You're going have to give more descriptive error messages for OE than that. Exactly what are the error messages? I guess some of the newer models of the 11s4 have an install wizard. However, setting up a 11S4 should be a piece of cake.

formatting link

I have heard of users having some trouble using OE with a router if the ISP uses PPPoE, which a setting for the MTU had to be set on the 11s4 V1 router. I don't know about the newer models.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Does it work without the wireless router in place, i.e. your machine connected directly to your internet connection?

If so then you know that all your mail server settings are correct, if not, that's where to look..

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

There is your problem. OE is a virus. Get rid of it.

Barry ===== Home page

formatting link

Reply to
Barry OGrady

Solved the problem. got a copy of agent. Thanks for all th help and info

Ed Christie

Reply to
Ed Christie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.