Netgear's WG111 v2 question

Yes, it will work, but only up to the speed of your USB 1.1 port. |

formatting link
your computah has a USB 1.0 port, you are limited to exactly one USB device on this port. I've also had problems with wireless devices and USB hubs. Get a USB2 card for the computah.

As for 8ft, it should work just fine. If your wireless client utility shows a lousy signal, then something is busted. It's difficult to tell from here where it's broken. It could be the unspecified wireless router or the WG111. I suggest you try your computah with a different access point such as the neighbors. Also, drag in a friends laptop and see if it goes farther than 8ft. That should at least identify which end of the wireless link is the source of the problem.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

Will this USB 2 adaptor work with a computer with only USB 1 ports cos' I can't get a signal and this is the setup I have, with computer and router in same room only 8ft away

Reply to
Gravydownshirt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.