Netgear RangeMax or Linksys Wrt150N

I recently replaced my DLink DL-524 with the Netgear RangeMax WPN824. I have four computers on the network, one of which is heavily used for World Warcraft. We had issues with the game when two of the other computers were being used for other web apps.

So far the Netgear seems to have solved the issues. The connection speeds of the four computers haven't changed but we haven't had any issues with the game since I put the Netgear up. Also, I'm not seeing the conflicts we've experienced before when the microwave or cordless phones were in use. I'm wondering, however, if I should be looking at something like the Linksys WRT150N.

My house is fairly large and I would like to extend the range of the network. I have the router on one side of a large stone fireplace in the middle of the house. Unfortunately there is no way to set the router up without the fireplace in the middle so the computers on one side of the house always seem to have a better connection that the ones on the other side. I'm wondering if the WRT150N (or any N router) could help me with my range issues as well as speed.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Reply to
poocanella
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.