Need ideas for wireless communication challenge...

Hi! I have a need for what I think should be simple to put together, just need some help figuring out the tech side...

I do antique and estate appraisals remotely daily (i.e. anywhere and everywhere clients need me - usually nowhere near a land connection or wireless network). I currently use a laptop with the Verizon wireless broadband card which words well in most cases. Problem is the laptop is too bulky and I'm rarely in a position to actually sit down with the machine - the process is almost always fast paced and on the move. My current solution is very time consuming.

My ideal solution would allow me to take photos of items as I move through the estate and wirelessly transmit the photos to another person (in the same room) who then does the research for the appraisal. I'd need to be able to communicate with the other person verbally as well so I'd need some kind of two-way radio - something descrete because I don't want to walk into an estate and scare an old fashion client because we're too modern and look like Navy Seals.

If anyone out there has any ideas on current technology that may meet my needs, I need your help.

Thanks! Darren

Reply to
deilers
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.