Need recommendation for Sony VAIO laptop wireless setup

We had good luck with Linksys PCMCIA cards in our PCG-V505 series laptops, FWIW.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith
Loading thread data ...

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...."

Sounds like you either some resource conflicts in your laptop or maybe you need an updated driver. Check what driver version the card is using and check dlink for updated drivers.

Reply to
Airhead

I have a Sony NVR23 laptop with a D-Link DWL-650+ running Windows XP Home. It is connecting to a D-Link AP DWL-900+. The computer crashes about twice daily with the message "DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...." and indicates the problem is in airplus.sys.

I want to get rid of this D-Link wireless hardware and get something more reliable. Can someone recommend a wireless solution that they know works reliably in a Sony VAIO laptop ? Thanks.

Reply to
brainiac

Found it! WPC54GV1

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Me, and few my colegas, are using Belkin Pre-N (diffrenet types of VAIO's, mine is PCG-GRT390). No blue screen saw :-)

Reply to
Misiek

I have been updating the drivers for over two years now. They even changed the name to "airplus.sys" about a year and a half ago. After researching the problem I found that it is common for vaio's to bluescreen with the DWL-650+. The problem is that D-Link wrote a driver that isn't compatible with vaio's.

Reply to
brainiac

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.