Motorola WR850G

Hi,

I purchased one of these routers recently, and having set it up I find that my laptop only detects a signal occasionally which is then dropped and my work laptop again rarely detects it. In both cases, the laptops are sitting right next to the router.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong. I am concerned the router may be faulty, but since it was purchased on line, I have the cost of returning it, and don't wish to do so, if the fault is that I have not set it up correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Reply to
Mistaya
Loading thread data ...

Turn SSID broadcast back on. Many wireless clients do not work without an SSID broadcast.

Try running Netstumbler on one of the laptops to see what signal strength (if any) it reports.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Probably too close for starters but more than likely you need to put the MAC address in the AP &/or the WEP or WAP code etc in the lappies? Not much info to go on..............

Reply to
BruceM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.