Mixed marriages?

I am away from home and using an ATT wireless system. I would like to use my Airport Express as an extender to get from the condo the pool. Airport Utility can't find the ATT system. Is there a nice way to get the two to talk to each other???

Reply to
Kurt Ullman
Loading thread data ...

It's been years since I tried, but I used to use an Airport Express in a hotel that almost definitely didn't use Apple gear. It worked, but it required manual setup, it couldn't scan for and find the hotel network until I manually entered the network name and other settings.

But whether it can extend as a wireless access point or just to a wired connection, I can't speak to.

Reply to
DevilsPGD

Thanks that is already more work than I want to put into it. Just something I wanted to do, not something I had to do.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I agree, that's why I stopped carrying it.

Reply to
DevilsPGD

Extend an existing Wi-Fi network's range. If you already have a wireless network in your home and want to extend its range, AirPort Express can help. Just place it in range of your primary base station - an AirPort Extreme, AirPort Time Capsule, or another AirPort Express - and near the area where you want your wireless connection. Launch the easy-to-use AirPort Utility app on your iOS device or Mac, and you're mere minutes away from long-range Wi-Fi enjoyment.

Reply to
ps56k

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.