Looking for 802.11s data

Have you tried

formatting link
? I just did for 802.11s description and got over a thousand hits (actually 1029)..... Should give you enuf reading for the next few weeks :)

Reply to
Peter Pan
Loading thread data ...

How technical? Protocols? Timing? Limitations? Queueing? Deployments? Test results? Standards proposals?

Yep.

formatting link

Nope. The IEEE doesn't release standards proposals in detail. However, you can find out quite a bit about what's happening by reading through the IEEE mailing list on mesh networks:

formatting link
you must be a member to read these.

News? I thought you want technical data.

Suggestion: If you want some perspective on mesh networks, I suggest you read the comments by Francis daCosta in:

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Hello,

I'm studying computer technology and looking for technical information about the 802.11s standard.

At this time, it's still being worked on by the IEEE task group. But I'd like to find more technical data about the mesh wireless techniques that it will be evaluating.

Could someone give me some clues or urls to help me find these news? At least, thank you for reading this message up to this point :)

Best regards,

Kayhadrin

Reply to
Kayhadrin

Reply to
bumtracks

It's interesting how someone in the technical field looking for answers cannot do a Google search for themselves. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Reply to
Rodney Kelp

Kay,

Try here:

formatting link

Louie Chiefland, FL, USA

Reply to
Louie

Hello there! Since you are an expert, I'd like to know the difference among a/b/g protocols of wirelss cards. Thank you. Steffo

Kayhadr> Hello,

Reply to
Steffo

I found the answers for both of us:

802.11 Standards - 802.11b 802.11a 802.11g http://compnetwork> Hello there!
Reply to
Steffo

Well, I didn't know this search engine, but it didn't help that much. Actually, it seems that "802.11s" is mixed up with "802.11's growing pains", etc... So, a huge amount of hits aren't in my scope.

Kayhadrin

Reply to
Kayhadrin

Thanks, but I did it a long time before ;)

Reply to
Kayhadrin

I'm glad for you Steffo :) But I'm looking for the 'S' brand of 802.11.

Kayhadrin

Reply to
Kayhadrin

Thanks for your answer. The bottom links are very interesting :)

Kayhadrin

Reply to
Kayhadrin

Thank you too for your help :)

Kayhadrin

Reply to
Kayhadrin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.