linksys wireless webcam - how to view w/o using linksys shell

my web cam is wrapped in a linksys wrapper. can i get rid of the wrapper? is there someting else that i can use to deliver the video content?

Reply to
jpw
Loading thread data ...

The plastic shrink wrapper comes off quite easily with a pocket knife.

If you need help with getting rid of the shrink wrap plastic, methinks the local recyclers will direct you to the proper recyling center.

coax, DVD, VHS, OTA, etc.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

nice. now, how 'bout a serious contributor? i spoke at length with linksys technical only to have them say, "sorry for your inconvenience". there must we away to embed this video directly in a page w/o their template (i dare not say wrapper!).

Reply to
jpw

jpw hath wroth:

Sure. But first kindly supply a Linksys model number and hardware version (from the serial number tag). I'm lazy and really don't want to research what it takes for all Linksys model cameras. (Hint: Numbers are a good thing)

Ah, thank you for disclosing what you're trying to accomplish. You want to imbed a streaming video feed into a web page? That's more of a web design problem, of which I know nothing. Can you supply an existing web page example of what you're trying to accomplish? There are various techniques by push feeding video into a web page is a problem. The camera will use 100.0% of your outgoing bandwidth pushing video into the web page. That looks nice but without QoS, tends to be a problem. More common and easier on the bandwidth are just a series of JPG snapshots uploaded at regular intervals using FTP or HTML PUT.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

If running Win32, use the free Nullsoft Video tools to stream your MPG video at any frame rate you desire, with and without audio sync. No QoS needed underneath. If you like pushing jpegs, there certainly are lots of solutions, but opensource seems limited to the Univ. of Ulm WebVideo tools (compile on SysV, and they also had Win32 binaries).

Michael

Reply to
msg

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.