joing a wireless LAN to a wired LAN - help

Hi guys

Sorry if this is the wrong group but I have been searching on this for a while and not getting anywhere. Basically this is what I have.

A laptop with a wireless card and a network card. The laptop gets internet through the wireless card which is connected to the wireless router. The laptop is also connected to a local hub via the network card. Also connected to that hub is another machine which does not have a wireless card. so its something like this.

Desktop -> Hub -> Laptop -> Wireless internet.

Basically what I want to be able to do is have the desktop connect to the internet via the laptop using the laptops wireless connects to the router. The wireless router is in the other buiding so can not add it to the hub. Now the laptop and desktop can talk to each other (ping and file/printer sharing is working), The laptop has two IP address, on the wireless connection it gets an IP address from the wireless router and on the networks card it has a static IP address and so does the desktop.

So desktop and laptop can ping each other, and laptop can ping the internet but the desktop can not. I have tried a few setups but its just random quess's so I am hoping someone can tell me how to do this, if you need more information then please do let me know.

Both machines are running XP.

Thank you in advance.

F
Reply to
faisal.museud
Loading thread data ...

On 20 Jul 2006 12:36:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Use Internet Connection Sharing.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.