Issues with Belkin N Router

Specifically the F5D8233-4 model.

I have Comcast Hi speed 16 mbps and it's been checked to be working fine.

I have four computers connected to this router. Two are wireless, two are connected directly to the router.

Two wireless PC laptops (running Win XP) top out at only around 6.5-9 mbps download speed when pinging to speedtest. The ping location is

Reply to
Meet_David_Black
Loading thread data ...

I've seen weirder results. How are you measuring your speed? If Comcast, are you using a server that's fairly close (few hops)? Let's see. You're at 69.242.120.190 which is c-69-242-120-190.hsd1.pa.comcast.net Ok, you're in Pennsylvania somewhere. Try one of these:

I don't know exactly what you're doing but ping is not a suitable speed test tool.

You may also need to tweak the TCP/IP stack settings on ALL your machines for the higher speeds. See:

Note that XP is autoconfiguring and allegedly does not require any tweaking. However, some utilities like to disable this function so run the tweak test on DSLReports to be sure:

Also, check your router for the latest firmware:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.