Instal disk for BIPAC-3020G

It's a PCMCIA wifi card from Billion. And I'd very much appreciate any help in finding an instal/setup disc/files for it (for XP Pro SP2) .

Tia folks!

S.

Reply to
Diogenes
Loading thread data ...

Diogenes hath wroth:

Hmmm... no drivers anywhere on that web site. It does show the product number. However, the US site at:

doesn't have any wireless PCMCIA cards. My guess is that the card was never imported into the US and therefore may not have US drivers. Looks like you're at: 125-238-185-194.broadband-telecom.global-gateway.net.nz. in New Zealand. Sorry, I give up.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Nevertheless Jeff, your efforts are much appreciated - yes all the way down here in the Land of the Long White Cloud

Reply to
Diogenes

The above page "Product List" shows 2 devices: 3020g & 3010g

The d/l page:

shows the 2 devices but shows the Cardbus device as a "302B"

Perhaps there is a typo involved.

I think what you want is here:

Here it is a "BiPAC 302B"

kc

Reply to
Kim Clay

Kim Clay hath wroth:

Where did you find the link to the downloads? There's nothing on the "Support" page or on the product page.

That's probably it. Nicely done.

Also, the card is apparently made or sold in Turkey.

The US site is at:

and the Australia site at:

The router products are there, but no 3020g on the US or AU sites.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

From the initial page you found:

I just scanned the buttons on the horizontal menu bar & the "Destek" button had a drop down menu item Download -> Firmware/Driver.

IOW I got lucky!!

Reply to
Kim Clay

Hi guys ... Thanks for these admirable efforts .... but this really is proving a damned hard nut to crack. What I have though is a 3020G, and not the 302B. I had a look at the 302B files - and sad to say, thet are not usable.

Hrrummph

Reply to
Diogenes

Diogenes hath wroth:

It's Bah-Humbug season. Does the card have an FCC ID number on the label? If so, there might be a generic driver if the chipset can be identified.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Indeed it does have an FCC ID - MQ4WG2K4. Does that offer some hope?

Cheers Jeff!

Reply to
Diogenes

Jeff will be along :)

A google search of "MQ4WG2K4" found a company from Canada that lists the card & has firmware for it online:

Bottom of the page under WIRELESS DEVICES They call it a WG2400 it seems.

They have both a driver & a utility for the card.

They also have a pic if you click on the "See Product picture"

formatting link
You can also go to the FCC site & get some information including a user manual.

Below is the search engine for a FCCID

The "Product Code" is the rest of the characters.

If you go to the above site & enter the following data then click on "Start Search" you should come up with one match. Grantee Code: MQ4 Product Code: WG2K4

On the results page look for the "Display Exhibits" column. Click on "Detail" & you should end up at:

To make things easier for some readers the following URL points to the same thing:

formatting link
From this page you might find the "Users Manual" useful.

I didn't look any further on the Google results list after finding the FCCID & software on the ovislink.ca site. Its probably sold under a variety of names/models.

You might still have time to get it working today :) I got to find some coffee soon & hit the flea mkt.

Good Luck kc

Reply to
Kim Clay

The driver on the Abocom website is newer although they don't have the utility listed.

formatting link
formatting link
install:-
formatting link

Reply to
LR

Kim Clay hath wroth:

Well, you did all the necessary research. There's not much more than I can add, but I'll try.

MQ4 is AboCom Systems Inc in Taiwan. However, their current product lineup doesn't show the CardBus device:

The WG2K4 expands to WG2000 for which there are numerous download sites showing a driver. Search Google for "Abocom WG2000".

Digging a bit deeper, the chipset is a TI ACX111 TNETW1130GVF.

More on TI wireless chips and systems:

The RF chips are from Radia, which was purchased by TI in 2003. I don't recognize the chips and can't read the numbers off the FCC ID photos.

The card has has a hidden MMCX or possibly an RP-MMCX antenna connector. It's there on the FCC ID photo page.

The test report shows an xmit power output of approx +15dBm for

802.11b and +11dBm for 802.11g. Kinda insipid.

The card supports TI's 4X technology, which creates some connection and "stability" problems. If the driver offers to disable this feature, I suggest you turn it off.

The original manaul on the FCC ID site shows some interesting diagnostics supplies with the drivers. See:

near the bottom of the document.

Open source support for the ACX100/ACX111 is at:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

You guys are EXCELLENT! I'll get busy now! I'll let you know when I get it up .... so to speak.

Cheers from NZ

D.

Reply to
Diogenes

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.